3.09.2011

A Sunshine-ful Day


I have a confession. I love poetry. Maybe that doesn't sound like a crime but there aren't that many people that I know who read, write or even enjoy poetry.

My youngest sister, Grace, does all of the above. Nick does too. (On our first date we talked about John Donne, who is one of our favorites from the 16th and 17th century. Isn't that romantically nerdy?)

He even is still in the process of writing me a poem. In French. Although this process began in November, when he proposed to me, I know that it will be wonderful if he can just get over his perfectionist ways. I am not hinting at anything though. :)

Today has been a beautiful day. I feel like it is a gift after the rain and snow.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm....those perfectionist ways seem pretty tough to get over, don't they.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poems aren't about perfection. Their length makes revision simple and oftentimes necessary, while their impetus should impel completion. Especially when your dear sweet future wife is said impetus. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your nice words. I appreciate them so much.