10.08.2012

how I slow down my life and find peace

This past weekend I jumped off the hamster wheel. 

Usually Saturday is packed with everything that I want to do during the week or need to prepare for the next week and then after a very full day we try to end it all with a fun date. (Not always easy after so many errands.) Sundays are for recovery but then Monday kicks me in the face with it’s bright sunny face long before expected.

This time though I got sick on Friday and slept (actually tried to sleep because the people above us either have very small feet or children who patter in the room above our bedroom) until I had a mission reunion; where I got to see some of my favorite people in the world, who I worked with for a year and a half volunteering as a representative for my church. It was a weekend of friendship and reconnecting. On top of that I didn't worry about work, homework, or home, which was a big change and very relaxing. (I did do a little photo shoot for my photography class, but that was just plain fun!)


The reason this weekend was so different for me was that little tab on my navigation bar that says "Beliefs". I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Or a Mormon, since that's usually easier for people to say ten times fast.. Twice a year we get to hear inspiring and revelatory talks and this past weekend was one of those times. This was one of my favorite talks.

1 comment:

  1. ahhh conference was amazing! it always is, but it was extra amazing this time around.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your nice words. I appreciate them so much.