9.25.2012

paint your walls gray and the world will look better


Our house is in a bit of disarray but I'm so proud of little pieces of it (especially our lovely, hard-earned walls) that I decided to shove some piles to the side and show you what we have so far.
In order of appearance:

A lamp! I told you I was looking and I found this beauty in Salt Lake last weekend! It was the score of the century since I've been wistfully looking at similar ones for weeks. They were out of our price range (plus shipping!) but this one was even better than many of those.

These are our walls. You can't quite tell, but the left wall is an accent color in elephant skin and the right one is painted in classic silver. Our walls are pretty much the pride of our home. At least in my eyes. The tablecloth is an awesome blue/purple/green vintage one from my mom and sitting on top is a vase from our wedding decorations with dried lavender.

Our rocking chair nook where we talk and gaze out the window at our view of beautiful sunsets along with our small collection of art they we need to figure out where and how to hang. Suggestions are welcome. As are introductions to further art to make our life more visually stimulating.

Well folks, that's all for now on the home front.

4 comments:

  1. wow! such a beautiful, quiet and peaceful space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Kylie. And I love those rocking chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh darling, may I also suggest e-bay and onekingslane.com ? I love love love the latter. They have a lot of affordable pieces (and some not so affordable...like YIKES!). But worth it. Especially accents, art, and kitchen supplies. You can never go wrong with those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute house! Glad to have found your blog <3

    Best,
    Colour Me Classic

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your nice words. I appreciate them so much.