|Skirt: Thrifted, Belt: Thrifted, Loafers: Tootiescloset, Turtleneck: JCrew, Tights: Target, Earrings: Field Museum|
These pictures are a little older but that just means they have the wisdom of experience. (What does that even mean?) I am fessing up because you might already have noticed that my hair changes length daily. No, it's not my shampoo. I got a haircut a week ago but I am already contemplating another cut, with a shorter length. But this outfit definitely captures the return of fall. After 5 days of winter, I am talking snow in October, people, I am glad to see the sun even with the brisk wind. So what do you guys think about my daring paring of black and brown? I like them together.
Anyway, I had amazing Cafe Rio-wannabe salads at a friends house and since then I have remade them twice because they are just that good. Also our little budget doesn't allow me to have the real thing on a bi-daily basis.
Here is the recipe, thanks to Ela.
Cafe Rio chicken
2 chipotle peppers (canned); 4 cloves of garlic; 2 tbsp honey; 1/2 tsp cumin; 1 bunch of cilantro (minus stems); 3 tbsp of olive oil; juice of 1 lime; and 1 cup of water
- Put ingredients in a blender together
- Add 4-5 chicken breasts to a greased crockpot
- Pour mixture over chicken
- Cook on low for 6 hours
- Shred the chicken and let sit for at least 10 minutes in juices
- And Voila! delicious meal.
- Just add tortillas, cheese, lettuce, pico de gallo and guacomole and whatever other toppings may please you.