10.10.2011

Sweaters and sandals


Have you ever slept for 12 hours and still been tired. Welcome to my Monday morning after a "nap" that began at 6 o'clock on Sunday. My mantra for today is it'll be okay. These pictures were taken less than a week ago but I probably won't wear sandals for at least 6 more months and sweaters are still a part of my daily wardrobe but underneath a coat. Hello winter, goodbye summer and fall: where the heck did you go?

So, a good portion of my weekend was spent blog-hopping. As I reveled in page after page of fashion fabulous-ness I read many a post that talked about investing in quality staples, such as, pencil skirts, jeans, white/ black blouses. I don't do this. I think about doing this, I even nodded my head in agreement as I read these other posts, but then I go to a store, literally or online and I look for and find the more unique item. (You know, the one that should be paired with something more normal so that it doesn't make you look like you are from a circus.) And I buy that instead. And then I wonder when I am getting dressed why I don't have enough tops or bottoms. It's because I bought genie pants and elbow patch sweaters instead. And the truth of the matter is, I don't really regret it.



Sweater: ASOS, Skirt: Thrifted, Top: Gap, Sandals:Tootsiescloset, Earrings: Field Museum

3 comments:

  1. I'm totally loving your style, girl! Love some of these unique skirts you've got and this elbow-patch mustard sweater is to die for!!!
    I'm with you, I look for the unique and extravagant too (mostly thrift + consignment stores) but I do pair it with more basic wardrobe-friendly staple pieces :)

    http://somethingoldmeetssomethingnew.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. I think with my love of elbow patches and books I should be an old professor. You're right though, I will have to beef up my staples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same thing! I only shop at thrift stores for clothes (besides undergarments and undershirts.) So, sometimes it's hard to put together an outfit because I have so many random things. But I like it this way too because you have interesting pieces full of details that you love. You didn't just go by some cookie-cutter piece because it was trending, you bought something you eye was drawn to. I love elbow patches and I love how unique and beautifully detailed that skirt is!

    P.S. Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    -Arielle
    humblepievintage.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your nice words. I appreciate them so much.