|Striped Shirt: Gap, Skirt: Thrifted, Belt: Thrifted, Boots: DSW, Necklace: Mommed|
On a related note. Some people feel awkward when others, particularly strangers, give them compliments; but I say enjoy it. Genuinely thank them rather than say no I look gross or I'm really not that smart or anything else that would diminish what they said. The other day . . .
- I had an older lady-professor tell me how much she liked my outfit and that she was going to go home and try and remake it. My first thought was, blush. But then I really looked at her and realized that she was very chic-ly dressed as well. I wanted to go home and see how I could steal her style. So, instead of stammering, I thanked her and took a mental picture for later.
- Same day, same outfit, a girl walked up the stairs behind me and called out. She asked to take a picture of me for a feature on her fashion blog. Is this some kind of magical outfit that encourages compliments? I might have to test this theory by wearing it for the next week straight and observe the reactions of those around me.
- Things to keep in mind as you look at these pictures:
- The shirt and skirt were part of my loot from Saturday. (Yay!)
- The skirt is made of 100% silk but was either $3 or $5! (Yay!)
- Normally one should dry clean such things. (Boooo! Hiss!) I felt a little miffed at the idea of paying twice what the item cost to clean it and I also didn't want to wait the week to wear it. So, I just washed it by hand and voila! Could have turned out badly; instead this is my new favorite outfit endowed with the power to elicit compliments from passersby. Awesome!