7.01.2011

Jarcake

Today I would like to tell you about my desires to turn this blog into a food blog. I made a dish called Louisiana rice last night with g-free cookies for dessert. I also want to make these cakes in a jar that I saw at a store and wanted to send to a friend who is out of state for the summer, but I didn't want to spend 9 dollars for a measly piece of cake. In fact my cheapness is usually the impetus for my craftiness (I mean with actual crafts not schemes.) That is the current extent of my qualifications for blogging about food. I am sorry if that seems lacking.

I realized a while ago and then forgot and then re-realized today that I need to carry my camera around with me so that I can take pictures more for this blog but I always think of pictures when I am sitting at a computer, not when I am at a cool shop in Seattle or looking at a dress I'd like to make (after I learn to sew), or making dinner or admiring the mini garden by the side of the road near my house. So, sorry that I don't have any pictures of all those things that I've seen lately. They were neat.

The ADD must be setting in because that last paragraph as well as a good portion of this post hasn't had anything to do with food. However, this recipe does:

finally! sorry that it's taken me a while to get this up, and that I was too lazy to transcribe this rather than take a picture. I know that the picture is a little blurry (new camera please, please, please.) If you have any questions about what a word is, just ask. The first ingredient is shortening.
I LOVE these cookies. They are some of the best cookies I have ever had (and I've only been g-free completely for about 1 1/2 years so I have tried my fair share and my siblings share as well of "real" treats.) They are also, hands down, no questions asked, the best g-free, dairy free, egg free and soy free cookie I have ever had. Allergic much? My goal is to see what I can do about making the jarcake (can I make that a new word? think cupcake but in a jar) delicious and Alison-friendly. Here are some examples of other jarcakes people have made to stimulate your mind and your salivary glands.
cute
yum
Somewhere Nick is drooling.

What other vessels can I put food in? What's the weirdest thing you have ever received in the mail?



1 comment:

  1. Agreed. Nick is in fact drooling. I prefer to think of it as salivating, however.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your nice words. I appreciate them so much.